Wednesday, 8 December 2010

Gift 2: Sparkly Sequin Earrings

As many will know I have a love of anything sparkly, I do very often get side tracked in shops if I see something glittering.  I also have a love of dangly earrings, my collection grows bigger every week, but unfortunately it is an expensive hobby!! So when I spotted dangly sparkly sequin earrings in Tescos I couldn't resist, although the price tag of £8 seemed very unreasonable for what they were.  I knew I had all the materials at home so I decided to make my own.


On my first attempt I ended up making all the jump rings myself which took forever , they were all different sizes and shapes, but they were a labour of love and it looked awesome!! Until, I accidentally left them in my bag, all the sequins got scuffed and lost their sparkle, I did the same with a sequin necklace too. Note to Self: Never leave sequins in a pocket or bag always hang up after use!!

For my Birthday my lovely friend Gemma bought me a voucher for Hobby Craft, so I decided to start again and bought jump rings (it will save so much time!!), beads and earring hooks in gold and silver.  The best thing about this is I know most of my friends and family wear silver so the gold is all for me yay!! I have a huge bag of sequins which I bought when I was about 12 and still haven't run out, but these were from a table confetti pack.  I loved the combination of colours; turquoise, lime green and opaque yellow (the pictures really don't do them justice, I will take some more when it gets sunnier).  They only cost a pound and I had loads left over so will have to think of something else to do with them.


Now for party time, these are the perfect accessory to glitz up any look!!