Thursday 31 March 2011

Back to Crafting; Peacock Style...


After a month of being extremely busy, I finally have a weekend to sit back and do nothing.  But there's no rest for the wicked and I have some serious crafting to catch up on.  So I'm dedicating the weekend to craft and this week I have been trawling the internet (mostly Pinterest) for ideas.

Two good friends of mine have recently purchased their first home together (Congratulations Gemma and Nathan!!) and have already started stamping their own style on the place.  Gemma and I have already made plans to use freezer paper to decorate some cushions to match the wallpaper in their living room; but I wanted to do something extra special for them.  After being told very firmly that it could not be anything too girly we got thinking and decided on a piece of artwork for the bedroom.  The walls are painted white and mint green so after racking my brain I remembered some fantastic wallpaper from the Ideal Home Show (which I visited at the weekend) of peacock feathers in dark mauve, blue and a hint of sparkly green a very similar colour to the bedroom walls.


I ran the idea past Gemma and she loved it so I have set about creating a Pinterest board of all my ideas.  You can check out everything I found here; below are a few of my favourites inspirations:









The offshoot from this is now I really want a peacock room, I love the colour combination of the feathers they are some of my favourite colours, and the fact they are iridescent and sparkly makes it even better.  Now I will have to make two pieces of artwork, it's been a while since I picked up my paintbrush but I'm really looking forward to this; I'll keep you posted...

2 comments:

  1. looks lovely, i'm very jealous of Gemma!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree, it looks really amazing. I definitely think we should do something similar!

    ReplyDelete